Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
I dig the features on this and many J Customs. I jsut wish Ibanez would hear some of us that are begging for alder bodied RG's. Aside from the very expensive Jem 7's. Maybe someday

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
markg5150 said:
That 8670 is lovely, and the Soloist isn't bad either

I don't suppose you'd like to swap the 8670 for my 7DBK?
Thanks for the offer, but.... not in a million of years :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Flobanez said:
Wow....tough deal as they both are great guitars......I'd keep the 8670 though. ;)
What do you mean? I will not sell either SL or 8670. They are both fantastic. THe design of SL feels minimalistic compared to 8670, for some reason...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Paul Secondino said:
I dig the features on this and many J Customs. I jsut wish Ibanez would hear some of us that are begging for alder bodied RG's. Aside from the very expensive Jem 7's. Maybe someday
Yes, alder bodies on RGs! And ebony or (birdseye maple) fingerboards are too uncommon. Never actually seen birdseye on an ibanez.

Basswood/rosewood is not for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
this is a bad question, but how much did your 8670 cost you?
im going to sell some guitars (uv777bk and an rg570) and gonna try to get one. i dont know the list price and whatnot..help a guy out?

edit: ouch, its way out of my price range it seems
edit: hm, maybe not if i snag one used...but somehow i dont think the JCustoms pop up on classifieds/**** as often as i would want

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Flanker said:
What do you mean? I will not sell either SL or 8670. They are both fantastic. THe design of SL feels minimalistic compared to 8670, for some reason...
Good choice, Flanker. I still think the DBK is pretty nice but the 8670 is nicer.;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nexus66ix said:
this is a bad question, but how much did your 8670 cost you?
im going to sell some guitars (uv777bk and an rg570) and gonna try to get one. i dont know the list price and whatnot..help a guy out?

edit: ouch, its way out of my price range it seems
edit: hm, maybe not if i snag one used...but somehow i dont think the JCustoms pop up on classifieds/**** as often as i would want
Logged in on Ishibashi to order RG720... ended up with 8670... go figure..
It was not cheap, over 2 grand. Many people would say I am crazy getting Ibanez for that money, but I am not in US and I happen to love RGs...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.