Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what it would be on the S series guitars. Is it standard or will I have to measure each of my 3 guitars' shafts?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I think, from memory, either 6.35mm or 6.5mm, but you'd have to measure as pots from an earlier era are the smaller shaft.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I did end up measuring them all.

2011 S970W is 6mm solid
2018 S1070PBZ is 6mm split
2008 SV5470F is 6mm solid

·
Registered
11 Posts
ok so awhile back i did a bit of work on a guitar and replaced the pots, problem is the knobs didnt fit. why in the hell is there not a universal pot size i mean humbuckers an single coils have a standard size? also even if there isnt how in the hell would i find out if the pots and knobs will fit before buying! i mean i have to buy all on web cuz a severe lack of music anything in my area! WTF is goin on!?!

·
Vendor
26,498 Posts
The simple answer is there are metric [typically called Asian shaft] and SAE. You should be able to understand what guitars have what from that description alone.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so awhile back i did a bit of work on a guitar and replaced the pots, problem is the knobs didnt fit. why in the hell is there not a universal pot size i mean humbuckers an single coils have a standard size? also even if there isnt how in the hell would i find out if the pots and knobs will fit before buying! i mean i have to buy all on web cuz a severe lack of music anything in my area! WTF is goin on!?!
Even pickups don't have standard spacing anymore. There's now F spacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts