Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I´m currently fixing up my Jackson DK2 and want to get the best, cleanest sound possible from it. I have the stock pots in it right now but I have heard that the pots can make a big difference in tone so I wonder if I should change those out. I also want the bridge humbucker to coil tap together with the middle single coil in the 5-way selectors second position. The 5-way switch is stock, would I need to change that one too? I´m gonna have a Duncan distortion in bridge, with Duncan classic stack humbucking single coils in middle and neck position.

This is how I´d like the switching:

1st position: bridge humbucker
2nd position: bridge humbucker coil tapped + middle single coil
3rd position: middle single coil
4th position: middle single coil + neck single coil
5th position: neck single coil

As you understand I´m new to this kind of stuff. Will any veterans reach out and help me out here?:)

·
Registered
787 Posts
Sounds like standard Ibanez 5 way switching to me. a standard 5-way switch can do that as long as the humbuckers are capable of coil tap.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Do I need any special pots to coiltap? thx for reply
Nope, any pots will work if you tap your coils. The pickup selector will do that, not the pots

Check the Mega E witch from Stew Mac if you cant figure out how to get the Ibanez switch to do what you want

1 - 6 of 6 Posts