Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have recently bought a used RG Prestige 2570EX in Vital Silver. It's an excellent guitar and is in mint condition, apart from one thing. The Ibanez logo on the headstock has partially come off (I bought it that way and thought it'd be an easy fix). Where's the best place to get a replacement? I've tried Ibanez directly and they didn't want a bar of me!

I've also looked at best-decals.com and realise they have a Prestige decal. The only problem is that I'm sure the actual 'Prestige' logo is painted on the headstock - only the 'Ibanez' logo is actually a sticker. So all I really need is a standard 'Ibanez' logo. I looked at the Studio ST50 one but I'm not sure if it's the same dimensions.

Contact me for some pics if you wish. I know it might be a slightly trivial issue but I want this amazing instrument to be perfect! I appreciate any help in advance!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sorry I can't really help you on this one... I just wanted to say I have the same guitar from 2004 with the matching headstock.

Nice that the headstock matches, but bad because of the textured finish there's no clear over it and I was concerned about it coming off eventually.

I have a 1990 RG550 in Coral Myst and the logo was put on over the clear so it's been flaking off over the past 20+ years...

Glad they smartened up and my 2009 RG1550 has the clear over the decal... no worries.

I wonder why they didn't do that from the get go?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts