Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a 1527 and would just like to show all of you people how much better a prestige headstock can be made to look if you put a replacement logos tick on it!
(before and after pictures here, im not an idiot putting a wrong one up!!)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That's OK, Rich. We understand - it's about time anyway ;)

Im with ya, Timi. I think they look kinda bland without it.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
To each their own indeed. With some of the wilder looking models, I think the tick looks good. But for the classier prestige and natural finished guitars, I much prefer the tick-less look.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well, have fun with that tick thing, but I prefer the plain Prestige headstock logo. I find it sort of classy, the way it shines under the clearcoat.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
ScreamJem7 said:
Tick or no tick, it's not complete until you've got a set of D'Addario strings with the colored balls on the tuning posts! ;)
Don't take this the wrong way, but keep yer colored balls to yourself! ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I think if there's going to be no swoosh, the logo should be larger and placed at a better angle, like the old USA Customs. That smaller logo is at an awkward angle to have no swoosh.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It looks wrong with the tick,completely wrong! Bad move.

The guitars that came with the tick originally looked right at the time but the Prestige models in particular look much moderner and classier left as is.

My favourite RG has a tick but then it always had one and the logo is bigger and the same colour as the tick.

This is what it should look like :).

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
now i have to weigh in on this subject...

wrong? no. just different.

i think the jem logo's on the 7vwh's are a great mix of old skool swoosh and prestige, with the metallic lettering and the flat colour tick/swoosh thingy.

i also think timi_h should be applauded on doing a good job of customising that particular aspect of his guitar, even if it is construed as needless by some. he's done something that (afaik) no-one else has.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
JTM45 said:
It looks wrong with the tick,completely wrong! Bad move.

The guitars that came with the tick originally looked right at the time but the Prestige models in particular look much moderner and classier left as is.

My favourite RG has a tick but then it always had one and the logo is bigger and the same colour as the tick.
That's a great looking reverse 7 headstock you've got there JTM45, but it would look better if it had the colored D'Addario balls!

;)

Scott

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hey, sorry about the size of my headstock picture guys. I didn't realise it would be that large or i would have reduced it first.

Anyway,the set of strings that's on it (Daddario's) did actually have the coloured balls on the end but i don't like the way the thicker strings don't want to wrap too well around the post if you string them that way so i cut them off.

I reckon Scott has a coloured-ball fetish,lol :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scotty, howdya get the bottom strings to kink properly round the tuning post, cos the overwound bit dont work with me!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts