Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, what would be a good deal with a JS1000BTB. Looking for one with Lo-Pro Edge. I see everything between 500-1500€ (either Lo-Pro or Edge Pro).
The cheapest one was in a pretty bad shape though. Quite a few in around 800-950€, so would that be ok or not?

·
Registered
571 Posts
I got mine 3 years ago for £600.
Edge pro. With generic hard case. A couple of dings and an awful set up. But nothing a new set of strings and a truss rod tweak couldn't change. It's now my main everyday player.

Given eu/uk seems fairly £1/€1 these days regardless of actual exchange rate and given good gear prices have been on the rise during covid I think €800 - €900 is reasonable. Very slightly more for a flawless example.

They're one of my favorite JS guitars. Look and play killer. But they're also one of the more common ones so reasonably priced still for good MIJ signature Ibanez.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Price of the JS1000? TOO CHEAP is what it is haha.

Best value prospect of basically any guitar on the planet. But in general, your analysis is correct; they are all over the place, but typically they are dirt cheap. Just pay attention to the overall state of the guitar, seeing one for 600 pounds isnt a "too good to be true" price for them. A "good deal" for me would be anything under 800$ in decent shape. 1000$ is pretty much normal for them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Price of the JS1000? TOO CHEAP is what it is haha.

Best value prospect of basically any guitar on the planet. But in general, your analysis is correct; they are all over the place, but typically they are dirt cheap. Just pay attention to the overall state of the guitar, seeing one for 600 pounds isnt a "too good to be true" price for them. A "good deal" for me would be anything under 800$ in decent shape. 1000$ is pretty much normal for them.
I think you'll be lucky to find £/€600 in good condition these days. I mean I thought I was lucky 3 years ago and pounced on it.. But 800-900 is definitely doable. Even though the ones on now seem to be asking more like £1000.
Any made in Japan signature model / Dimarzio for under a grand these days is a probably a good score unless it's a real beater.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Right now, no. The whole pandemic thing has created a ridiculous absurd price bubble on ALL guitars; and thus inflated prices. When everything blows over; I have a sneaky suspicion theres going to be an explosion of used guitars; thus driving the prices down.

Even at 1000, thats still a ridiculous bargain for what youre getting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.