Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, wondering if you might be able to help me suss out a price for my Ballback. Got it right from the guys in prototype at the Hoshino Factory in Bensalem, PA way back in the day. I rocked it all through the late 80's/early 90's and as of late, it's been in the corner reminding me of the awesome mullet I used to have, but not much else. It's a dark finished basswood, routed under the matching wooden pickguard, sound chamber-y like, and the Tone knob is a Pull for Coil-Tap. Neck is the Ultra profile. I've only seen 2 others in this first-run prototype darker wood finish, and they were at the Factory when I got this guy. The full production models had a lighter, more orange-tinted wood finish. Any thoughts?
edit: I'll post pics as soon as I reach my 10 postings 8)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
congrats on the rarity! if you want to raise up some extra $$$, sell the Backstop apart from the rest. someone's selling it at about $150-200 on the bay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy goodness, backstops for $200?!?!?!?!? What has this world come to?

Hmmm.... :idea:

Thanks for the kind words all.
I've got it up on another site, and haven't really had any hits, that's why I figured I'd come here and see if maybe the talent pool could help me with pricing. Mayhaps I should drop it over here too in the FS section?

Again, many thanks all!

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Hmmmm, Original edge+F-series pups+very good condition+oddity+ rarity= A damn nice guitar that If I were selling I would probably ask $850-$900 and see what kind of offers I got.

Of course I have nothing to compare to directly, but if you think about the RG7xx series being somewhat similar (quality wise) to what you have..... I think that would be a good place to start.

Awesome guitar smalltown!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts