Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i bought a pair of ZW emg set pickups acually its a kerry king set i just dont want to use the boost. ok today i made the pickups fite in the rg but i have a bigger problem.. the jack, the jack it came with the set,no way they will fit in my rg. it have 3 wires attached to it, i understand the third one is for on/off switch for the pickups because they use battery but since i can not fit in there, i was thinking about using my old jack which have 3 leg also with 1 left out, Now this is my question. is the leg left out connects to the battery or the volume? if anyone installed this b4 on to a rg or a simliar guitar please tell me how because i am goin to china in 2days and i really want to bring this guitar with me.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Don't worry about using the jack that came in the kit. Your stock jack is a stereo jack, just wire the battery to the leg that isn't being used. I had to do this to an RG1527 with EMG 707/81-7 pickups and it works fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.