Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a 03/04 Ibanez S470DX from 'evilbay' and there is apparently a little problem with the ZR trem. On the 03/04 model ZR tremolo, you're supposed to use an allen wrench to turn some little knob or whatever to adjust the spring tension of the bridge but on my guitar the little knob that you're supposed to turn is missing. Looking down inside the trem, I can see a little spoked wheel-like thing that needs to be turned in order to adjust the tension on the springs but I can't figure out any way to adjust it. I've looked on the Ibanez website and they don't even have a part listed for it so I dunno what I should do. I got the guitar for a good deal and it looks great and will sound great after a pickup swap but I just need to figure out how to adjust the bridge. The guy I got it from didn't seem like he really knew a whole lot about guitars so he was no help.

Jemsite has always been a very helpful website and I'm hoping that it can help me in my time of need here. If anyone knows where I could find some sort of replacement part or if anyone has any ideas about a substitute part I would really appreciate the info.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The whole point of the post was that I CAN'T turn the main spring adjustment screw because there's no way to reach it on the guitar. I have a manual like that one which says to do that but in the picture there's something that turns the adjustment screw and you turn it with an allen wrench but that thing seems to be missing from my guitar. The problem is that it looks to be something really small and I'm just trying to figure out a way to get in there and turn the thing with it missing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.