Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this Crybaby Classic for a good 3 years or so and it's done pretty well for me. However, I've noticed that lately when I push the pedal to-down quickly it sounds all scratchy. If I move it slowly, it doesn't do it. I took it to a repair guy around here and he said that I might as well just get a new one since the repair would cost $75 (the pedal goes for $100).

Should I follow this guy's advice and get a new one? If so, then I'm thinking of modding the pedal to be a volume pedal.

If not, should I call Dunlop and see if they know what the problem is?

·
Registered
27 Posts
go get yourself a can of spray contact cleaner. Pull the covers off and spray the contacts while moving the pedal... This should clear it up... Im asuming these things are controlled by some sort of pot. Its probably just getting dirty

·
Registered
953 Posts
^
What he said.
If it's a crybaby type, then, if the pot is completely knackered (which seems not to be the case from your description) then you can just replace it, if you really like the sound of this wah. Just un solder it and take of the connecting cog from the pot shaft. solder a new pot in of the same value and put the cog back on the shaft (you may have to glue it).
It's not too difficult I've done it my self. Converting to a volume pot is going to be more tricky (I've done that too).
Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts