Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got an RG350DX and love it a lot, but I've been having trouble lately with the tremolo bar staying in the Edge III bridge in use. It always seems to pop out.

I haven't found any other topics like this one, so I hope I'm not reposting anything.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? And if so, how might I help fix this problem I'm having?

It's not a big deal, but it'd be nice if it didn't occur, because I absolutely love the guitar other than this one little issue.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
There are two allen screws, under the trm bar location: One is for trem bar height, the other for trem bar swing tension. It might be that over time, the tension has loosened, and needs a little tightening. You have to elevate the rear of the trem, to get to it. A block eraser should help with that. The trem bar height screw can be accessed from behind the trem cavity. It essentially pushes the bar up.
Hope nay of this helps.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a bunch, I just lifted the bridge up with the tremolo bar and tightened the allen screw, had it tightened in a few seconds.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Funny thing is, after I left that advice, I, too, went and tightened the screw. I think I might've tightened mine a bit too much, cause then I had problems getting the trem bar OUT! lol. Oh well. At least THAT way, it won't FALL out! lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts