Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I was just playing on my Jem 7v doing some whammy dives and
pull ups and suddenly everything just went out of tune (Sharp)
this has never happened before and im not sure whats caused it!

After that happened I retuned the guitar again and noticed that the the trem
was quite stiff (hard to move down and up)

Does anyone know what might of caused it!! :D

Thanks In Advance

Darren.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Darren Wonnacott said:
Hi

Its a 2005 model I have put new strings on since i
got it but the ones ive got on at the moment there quite old,
I havent had it quite a while not that long!

Darren
Try checking the knife edges and the posts to see if something doesn't look right (read tech section @ ibanezrules.com).

Regards

André

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
sounds to me like something slipped, could have been your locking nut was not tight enough. Make sure your floyd is seated on the knife edges properly, put some chapstick on the post, *change them if youve got the time to the locking studs*, make sure the lockign nut mounting screws are tight, and you should be fine

·
Registered
67 Posts
If your guitar went really sharp it has probably moved out of the "hour glass" part of your trem studs. Becareful...............it will snap into place or come right off when you try to put it back. Shim under the bridge first with a deck of cards using as many cards as it takes to stablize the trem. Gently depress the arm and pull up slightly to seat the trem back into the hour glass section of your trem stud. Once again............becareful .........there can be alot of tension on that bridge. I hope this helps......................look closely at where the knife edge meets the center of the trem stud.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.