Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I saw a used RG570 for an unbeatable price in a local shop a few days ago and was very excited to try it out as I'm looking to upgrade my RG320DX. I was testing everything on the guitar, and it all seemed okay except for the fine tuner on the high E string. It worked fine until it was unscrewed about halfway, then it stopped changing the pitch even though the screw was still moving up. It looked like the fine tuner spring was not putting any pressure on the string lock screw from the halfway point, so I assume it's simply a matter of replacing the fine tuner spring? Or is it more complicated than that? They said they'll send it to their repair people to see what they can do, but if they can't fix it it'll be my responsibility if I buy it. Do you think this would be an easy fix for someone who's never taken apart a trem? Also, the trem was a bit rusty (mainly the spring lock screws), so will the rust affect anything other than looks?
Thanks!
nkri

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Sometimes if the player sweats a lot the saddles can eventually get stiff and not go flat when you back out the fine tuner. If that's the reason you take the saddle off and spray some WD-40 on it and move it until it loosens up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes if the player sweats a lot the saddles can eventually get stiff and not go flat when you back out the fine tuner. If that's the reason you take the saddle off and spray some WD-40 on it and move it until it loosens up.
That sounds easy enough, I'll give it a shot if they can't fix it :smile:
What is the unbeatable price?
$250 with hardshell case...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts