Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to repaint my old kramer MIJ focus 2000, just picked it up for cheap, and i couldn't get out all of the pick scratches so i decided to repaint..

i was interested in swirling it, and after a lot of research here and through google and you tube, i decided to give it a whirl (or swirl).....

did not want to use bright colors and i really liked a metallic swirl job i saw on the internet. i wanted a subdued swirl.

used testors enamel paint, thinned 1/3 per their website recommendations for spraying it...

used borax $3.75 at walmart.

had trouble deciding on what to use for clear coat so i just said screw it and went with oil based polyurethane in the rattle can from minwax.

i love it so far...... still in the process but wanted to show you guys some pics.....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys! i need to wire it up and set it up and it will be ready to play!

i am really looking forward to giving this guitar a work out!

duncan custom shop RTM warren de martini signature pup for the bridge and a jazz for the neck.

will be coil tapping it as well... i am thinking of picking up a d tuna for this one as well

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts

Absolutely awesome man!!

I really dig the swirl but putting the whole guitar together really brought it all together. NICE JOB!!

If it were my guitar, I'd hit the fretboard with a few coats of black leather dye to darken it up. The pic above looks the best because the board looks so much darker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts