Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm doing a restoration to a Tak Hosono Pre-Ibanez. This is a very special guitar. It was covered in Slimer from ghostbusters stickers. I will be getting some reproduction ones to put on the headstock.

It would seem that the current Ibanez models with the flamed top with the arm relief chop to the flame top were probably based on this one. It is a 1 piece Honduran Mohohany body with Flamed maple top in orange with the arm chop. the neck is also Honduran Mahogany. I even have the original Tak Hosono catalog and case candy that came with it originally.

its getting a full resto right now. slight mod as I'm doing body mount pickups instead of rings. so the holes will be patched which isn't so bad as some of the clear came off with the stickers and it had a play wear spot.

so far I've ordered all the replacement parts for hardware and pickups custom ordered from Dimarzio. Kahler also was very cool to get some much needed bits to complete it.

just some teaser pics for now.
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Wood String instrument accessory String instrument

Guitar accessory Wood Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last bits I need for doing the finish work is coming in tomorrow. Its sorta slow paced but will post some cool pics. Finish work is like my least favorite thing to do but its a necessary step in getting it all to be where it needs to be. My color match skills are next level though so should look great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts