Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Pronounce it ENvelope or ONvelope?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I pronounce it as Envelope. However, those whom speak "Queen's English" will pronounce it as Onvelope!
There was a place I used to work where the GM's secretary was a right old dragon. She used to correct me very often. So I used to speak in slang more and more in front of her just to p**s her off!!! Mispronunciation of envelope really got her going though :twisted:

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Gurj said:
I pronounce it as Envelope. However, those whom speak "Queen's English" will pronounce it as Onvelope!
There was a place I used to work where the GM's secretary was a right old dragon. She used to correct me very often. So I used to speak in slang more and more in front of her just to p**s her off!!! Mispronunciation of envelope really got her going though :twisted:
Hehe evil dude.

Regards

André

·
Registered
500 Posts
elcid said:
Envelope

and I'll do you one better "OFFEN" not "OFTEN"
As a fellow Chicagoan, do you also have a "frunchroom" in your house? (That's "front-room" for the rest of you.) I'm originally from Chicago, but it wasn't until I lived in Boston for 5 years that I realized that "frunchroom" is a uniquely midwestern thing.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
I have a frunchroom , eat sah-sage on my pizza, and know that tree is the number that comes after two.

·
Registered
52 Posts
ONvelope here in Canada, or wherever French is flavoured, haha.

ENvelope I believe in most of U.S., especially when used scientifically and technically as in "pushing the ENvelope".

So I go with "E" to be a Rock It Scientist or "tech-guy". Canada's Strat Man Dwight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.