Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,470 Posts
I've never used protools before and I've never used acid pro to record. I do, however, use acid pro to slice together my sound files and layer them when making songs. Acid makes doing this very easy, which I like a lot. But since I've not tried them both, I can't really comment on which is better.

· Registered
6,237 Posts
I use acid - great, great, great program if you're working with loops, and it's a pretty intuitive interface. But, pro tools takes this one simply because acid only allows you to record a single track at a time.

· Registered
9,605 Posts
Yeah Acid Pro is not really comparable to ProTools, different sort of program. Acid Pro is a loop based program (well last time I used it anyway, my copy isn't the most up to date). ProTools is a multi-track recording program.

· Registered
115 Posts
At the risk of sounding contentious, I would be tempted to say that Acid Pro is not a serious studio recording application, and as such cannot be compared to Protools in any meaningful way. A better poll might be Acid Pro vs Reason or something like that.

Regards,

Dave

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Vegas is Sony's recording program, like many here have said, Acid is not intended to be a recording program. It's great at what it does, i.e. putting together loops, rhythms, etc... but not recording.

ROger

· Registered
6,237 Posts
It CAN be used as such - I've been doing it for a while - but it's primary focus isn't recording audio input, but rather working with audio already on a system. As such, it's great at what it does, but like I said, it can only record a single track at a time, and that;s a MAJOR limitation for a studio program.

-D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.