Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I've never used protools before and I've never used acid pro to record. I do, however, use acid pro to slice together my sound files and layer them when making songs. Acid makes doing this very easy, which I like a lot. But since I've not tried them both, I can't really comment on which is better.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I use acid - great, great, great program if you're working with loops, and it's a pretty intuitive interface. But, pro tools takes this one simply because acid only allows you to record a single track at a time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It would have been more interesting to ask about Pro Tools vs Cubase or Nuendo IMO.

Concerning this poll, I'll have to go with Pro Tools because it's better for what I want to do - record multiple tracks of guitar.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Yeah Acid Pro is not really comparable to ProTools, different sort of program. Acid Pro is a loop based program (well last time I used it anyway, my copy isn't the most up to date). ProTools is a multi-track recording program.

·
Registered
115 Posts
At the risk of sounding contentious, I would be tempted to say that Acid Pro is not a serious studio recording application, and as such cannot be compared to Protools in any meaningful way. A better poll might be Acid Pro vs Reason or something like that.

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Vegas is Sony's recording program, like many here have said, Acid is not intended to be a recording program. It's great at what it does, i.e. putting together loops, rhythms, etc... but not recording.

ROger

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
It CAN be used as such - I've been doing it for a while - but it's primary focus isn't recording audio input, but rather working with audio already on a system. As such, it's great at what it does, but like I said, it can only record a single track at a time, and that;s a MAJOR limitation for a studio program.

-D

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I have always used Acid. I have tried others but I always end-up coming back to it. Its just a case of getting used to a certain piece of software, but I really like this one. I havnt tried protools as of yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts