Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
They finally did it!!!

They come in Royal Blue and Vintage Sunburst. I'm pretty excited for the Royal Blue. Matching headstock!

http://www.prsguitars.com/secustom7string/index.php

Specs:

Mahogany body.
Maple top.
Maple neck.
Rosewood fretboard.
25" scale.
H-H configuration.
SE HFS Bridge pickup
SE Vintage Bass neck pickup
Vol-Tone and a 3-way blade
PRS tuners
PRS string-thru hardtail bridge.
Wide-Thin neck shape
Set-Neck with annoying, ugly heel :roll:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not bad, but not great. I think i'd have to redo the controls, maybe add mini toggle switches and better pickups? i'm thinking Duncan Invaders, purpleburst flame top and gold hardware.
It's not a Private Stock, you know ;)

I can't wait to get one of these. It has everything I want and nothing that I don't.

I'm not crazy about the control layout either but it's all good.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A friend of mine bought the 6 string version of this a while ago, and when I saw it I said to him: If it was a 7 string, I'd buy it at an instance. Guess I have to keep my promise. Can't say I mind though :p

·
Registered
666 Posts
I consider the craftsmanship of PRS to be top notch. And I know the SE line is not american made, but they are still fine guitars. That said, as long as I don't have the money to spend on a guitar I'll play very little, I don't think I'd get one. The controls are just very oddly placed IMO. I guess I'm just too much of a strat guy.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I consider the craftsmanship of PRS to be top notch. And I know the SE line is not american made, but they are still fine guitars. That said, as long as I don't have the money to spend on a guitar I'll play very little, I don't think I'd get one. The controls are just very oddly placed IMO. I guess I'm just too much of a strat guy.
I am too, but I've been needing a big chunk of a guitar that doesn't cost $2500 or more. And I think it's sexy as hell!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.