Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EZdrummer

There are also a couple "bundles" that combine EzDrummer with expansion kits that are pretty good deals as well - click on the drop-down to look at the different "versions."

If you're willing to either 1) take the time to learn how to program your own drum grooves and fills and get your articulations really realistic, or 2.) go out and buy a pack of MIDI loops and fills, then this is still one of the most cost-effective ways to seriously up the quality of your home studio projects. I grabbed EzDrummer and the Superior 2.0 Crossgrade last year when it was on sale, and it was one of the better home studio purchases I've ever made, I think.

Superior is currently on sale for $179, too, which isn't a bad price at all - it's a much more flexible program, and I REALLY like the Avatar kit.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Discount is over, it's back up to the full $80. Though, Superior is still $179, I'm wondering if it's a permanent drop (and if so, it's weird that it's cheaper than the crossgrade).

I did all the drums on the album I'm about to release with Superior, and it was time consuming programming all the fills and getting the velocities right and whatnot, but it's kind of shocking when you go back and listen to it - the drums don't jump out at you at all as being synthetic. I was shooting for a "performance" that, much like any Satriani album before the most recent, you don't even really notice the drumming, and I'm pretty happy with the results I got.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts