Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got some time to work on my Purple Ice swirl (done by Andrewsfury).

I'm not set on the pickup color choices yet, but it's getting there...... unfortunately, DiMarzio won't make ANY single spaced pups in purple anymore.

Anyway, a few pics and a huge thanks to Andrewsfury for creating this swirl and another big thanks to a few of my buddies for helping me make some of the decisions that went into making this guitar......You all know who you are!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Wow, that turned out so well!!!!!! That lawn has seen a lot of awesome guitars. :D
That's a pretty cool strap, too!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looking good mate! I'm STILL waiting for the custom neck I ordered from ET for my purple ice. Been over a year now. What a waste of time & money... I'll definitely never order anything from Ernie again. :/

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
WOW! That is BAD-ARSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not joking, I am spouting obscenities out loud looking at that amazing swirl job. I don't even really like the colours but that's a GREAT swirl.

Who did it and do they do work for hire?

·
Registered
577 Posts
WOW! That is BAD-ARSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not joking, I am spouting obscenities out loud looking at that amazing swirl job. I don't even really like the colours but that's a GREAT swirl.

Who did it and do they do work for hire?
Our own Andrewsfury did this swirl. He is an awesome guy and does awesome work. He doesn't do these en masse so probably doesnt have any laying around, but he sometimes still does them for people. You should send him a PM. :)

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
wow that looks great...the sc pickup covers are replaceable...maybe you could find purple covers on ebay?...d.m.

not my auction btw

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Purple-...826?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2ebbc3d802
Those covers won't fit on ibanez pickups, the pole spacing is different.
The purple is much lighter and pinker too.
I bought the same covers and checked them out.
The dimarzio purple is much darker and has no pink tone to it.
I got lucky and found a used purple dimarzio for the PMC I'm working on.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
That's SOOOOOO purdy!
I want one. (Hmm, RG550 refinish maybe? Naa, I like the Coral Mist. ;) )
That does look so cool though, great job.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
Looking pretty sweet, Ryc. I like that you added the clear pickguard. Nice touch.

We've talked about the pickup colors. I think you need some more color there!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That is awesome Ryc!!!!

Since purple may be out for the SC's, how about white for those, leaving the humbucker purple? It may look better than the black does.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WOW, Thank you all so much. Andrew really came up with a masterpiece when he did this one. I think he regrets giving it back.........LOL

As far as the single coils- they're both DiMarzio virtual solo's that I just bought. They came with white covers that look pretty good too. I ordered a couple of each bright colored cover (except red) from Banjomikez. They should be in pretty soon. Unfortunately, as Sebastian mentioned, purple is not an option unless I can find old used pups on the bay or in the classifieds. DiMarzio quit making them a lot of years ago. I've even been calling DiMarzio dealer to find out if they have any NOS...... no luck so far.

The bridge pup is a brand new Super-3 that I got from Jemsite member Toshiro.....awesome guy. this thing is way better than he described in his sale ad. It's brand new. I originally bought a zebra "Breed" for the bridge to go along with the white VS's. It looked really good, but Jesse and Stephen were right- the guitar needed more color. Toshiro's purple super 3 popping up was just a stroke of good luck.

Here are a few details on the guitar:

'88 RG760HP that I got off craigslist- http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/ngd-heather-119212.html

New original Edge kit, strap buttons, tuners, and PG screws from Rich (You rock man!)

Custom cut clear guard from Jeannie pickguards- I'll never use them again.... long story.

I completely re-furbished the neck including new sand and satin enamel seal, complete fret level and dress and a fretboard/ inlay polishing. As soon as I get a perfect silkscreen, the headstock face will be re-finished.

All new electronics including an oak-grigsby 5-way
CTS 500k "precision tolerance" pots
Black switchcraft long barrel stereo input jack
"Star-6" grounding system

Here's a pic with the white/black pups:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts