Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dave,

Just wanted to ask about the pickups in your DW72 Custom. On your site the pickups were listed as Dimarzio Customs. Just curious if you modeled them after any of Dimarzio's current picukps?

Thanks for your time,
Rommel

·
Registered
736 Posts
That guitar started out with 2 Paf 7's. I love the clarity of the Paf's but I wasn't getting enough output from them. DiMarzio made some custom pups with the clarity of the Paf but with more output. It sounds killer.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
DavejWeiner said:
That guitar started out with 2 Paf 7's. I love the clarity of the Paf's but I wasn't getting enough output from them. DiMarzio made some custom pups with the clarity of the Paf but with more output. It sounds killer.
Must be nice, to have Dimarzio make you custom pups :D. I'm sure it sounds killer, because a stock PAF7 already does. ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Ekim said:
Dave: Since when are your axes numbered? Are they listed as such on your site?
They are named just to keep order when referring to the guitars. I didn't want to pick actual names for them so I call my customs "DW7" for Dave Weiner 7 string, and then the next number is just the order the were made. I have 4 customs so far so they are named as such: DW71, DW72, DW73 and DW74.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.