Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, i dont own a jem, but thanks to Rich, i might be the new owner of an FP so, i wanted to ask a couple of questions, one main one though, on a jem will i be able to feel a huge difference between the RG and JS100 i have? whenever i go to Guitar Center, i always play on different guitars like jacksons, ibanez, and charvel (same thing as jackson, but yeah) but when i play on them, they all feel like im playing on the same guitar, feeliwise at least, maybe its because most of the guitars i play range from $200-$500, so when i get my first jem, will i be impressed? can someone with an FP describe the feel of it?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
djpak said:
Ok, so, i dont own a jem, but thanks to Rich, i might be the new owner of an FP so, i wanted to ask a couple of questions, one main one though, on a jem will i be able to feel a huge difference between the RG and JS100 i have? whenever i go to Guitar Center, i always play on different guitars like jacksons, ibanez, and charvel (same thing as jackson, but yeah) but when i play on them, they all feel like im playing on the same guitar, feeliwise at least, maybe its because most of the guitars i play range from $200-$500, so when i get my first jem, will i be impressed? can someone with an FP describe the feel of it?
Take it from the owner of TWO FP's...if you are only used to $ 200 - $ 500. axes you will immediately have a big "O" . Not only the FP's but any Jem for that matter. The necks are simply superior to any others I have played. They may be "PRETTY" but these are MEAN guitars man. Currently, the axe I play the most (I have 5 Jems) is my 1988 FP....just love it:) Love um all. You get the PAF Pro pups in the FP's (which I really like) I also like the EVO's...cant lose with a Jem. Only thing I wish they had was an FP with an AANJ. Trust me DJ......you'll LOVE it. Plus you get the Rich setup which I have heard sooo much about. A couple pics;)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/JEMMER_/JEMS/dfps008.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a389/JEMMER_/jip80012.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,422 Posts
The Jem is similar in feel to an RG550, but there's something just a bit more comfortable about it...esp. if you're buying a used one. The setup it'll come with from Rich will make it that much better.

~K

·
Registered
540 Posts
Not in any way comparable!!
i own a 91 FP and a JS100...
The Jem feels and sounds better in every way.. better tone, sustain, neck.. everything
in fact i cant ever see myself wanting to pick up the JS again.. (it is only a js100!)
it just feels cheap in comparison.

The irony here is that i bought the Js back when i was young naive and didnt know better.. I actually paid more for it then i did for my FP!!! which should go to prove that my arguing the reletive merits of the two guitars is genuine.. not just a way to justify having spent big bucks on an overpriced high end signature guitar...

Js still looks pretty though...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.