Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question someone has to know the answer to.

I put Gibson BurstbuckerT's in my Les Paul... sounds great. Put a I in the neck and a II in the bridge.

Now my question is the I in the neck (the underwound, quiet one!) feeds back something rotten. The II in the bridge will feedback if I stand in front of the amp, but it's good if Im about 6 feet away.... why is that?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Thats due to radio and signal interference from your amp. Its a sheilding issue, more than likely im willing to bet that you play with your hand near the bridge alot, thus sheilding your bridge pickup a little more. Thats why seth lover put metal covers on the damn things *LOL* But seriously what model Les Paul do you own? You may be able to add a buttload of sheilding tape in all the cavities and lose a ton of noise. My 86 les paul had nothing but the little oldschool metal sheilding plate in the control cavity. Most manufacturers these days coat the control caviites with nickel silver shielding paint or shielding tape

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a LP Classic. The BurstbuckerT's I believe are unshielded, so I thought that might do it. So I assume I didn't screw up wiring them, that's a relief, partially :)

Good explanation on why the bridge (the louder one) doesn't make so much noise as well. I also noticed the neck doesn't make as much noise when I play it (or seemingly) so that's probably right.

How would I go about shielding it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts