Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone ive located a UV77re with a killer swirl and before i pull the trigger on dumping the 6 grand on it i was wondering if you think it would be a worthy investment for possible future resale? I have a few jems that i love , some i play and some are just hanging on the wall for me to gaze at lol. But i would probably play the UV once and then never touch it, just build a fortress around it and call it a day! Let me know what you think! Thanks guys

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you want an investment, put the 6k in a financial product.

If you want art to hang on the wall and look at, buy 6k worth of art.

If you want to play guitar, buy a frickin' guitar.

Your mileage may, of course, vary....

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey everyone ive located a UV77re with a killer swirl and before i pull the trigger on dumping the 6 grand on it i was wondering if you think it would be a worthy investment for possible future resale? I have a few jems that i love , some i play and some are just hanging on the wall for me to gaze at lol. But i would probably play the UV once and then never touch it, just build a fortress around it and call it a day! Let me know what you think! Thanks guys
I think I would buy the guitar for the love of it first, and the investment second.

The guys with PMCs, DNAs, GMCs, and MCs that bought them 10 years ago could laugh all the way to the bank if they wanted to. Some do, and some don't.

I am sure that the guys that buy the MC 20th will be able to realize it as an investment, but probably not next week. It will take some time.

With the market at a 6 year low, if it purely an investment, I would sink the funds elsewhere.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I definately love the guitar dont get me wrong and all of the jems i have ever bought i still have. Im not saying that im buying it to sell i just would rather no that if i lost my job 10 years down the road i would be able to at least break even on it. Plus ive gotta justify something to the wife or she wont cook me dinner anymore! lol ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,391 Posts
If you want an investment, put the 6k in a financial product.

If you want art to hang on the wall and look at, buy 6k worth of art.

If you want to play guitar, buy a frickin' guitar.

Your mileage may, of course, vary....
Actually, I think your milage might be right the same :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
I definately love the guitar dont get me wrong and all of the jems i have ever bought i still have. Im not saying that im buying it to sell i just would rather no that if i lost my job 10 years down the road i would be able to at least break even on it. Plus ive gotta justify something to the wife or she wont cook me dinner anymore! lol ;)
I feel ya on the wife front like you wouldn't believe.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would say the RE's will keep their value at least, and possibly increase. There's already some douche who is trying to sell his on the bay for 11k. Granted it won't sell for that but it gives you an idea of some of the perceptions out there.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I would say the RE's will keep their value at least, and possibly increase. There's already some douche who is trying to sell his on the bay for 11k. Granted it won't sell for that but it gives you an idea of some of the perceptions out there.
It's listed here too. Or, it was.

·
Vendor
26,484 Posts
Of course it was removed. As you know any listing motivated by profit is considered a reseller or dealer and you have to pay for the listing just like any dealer would. You cannot use the site to make money and not kick a little back into keeping it running, something this guy just doesn't seem to get his head around. Much less the fact that you can't see pictures, he won't disclose ANY personal information, and expects you to buy on faith :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't see these skyrocketing in value unless we have another big economic boom period.

If these were $2,000 and there was 100 of them, it would be a great investment.

I think these might be maxed out at $6,000 though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts