Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, this is my first post although I've been lurking for awhile.  Thanks in advance to all the knowledgeable folks on this list.

I recently bought a used JEM 90.  The guitar is sweet except the pickguard is a bit messy and I can't clean it with anything I've tried.  I'm going to keep this pickguard on the guitar because I bought it to play, and this way I don't have to worry about it.  

However - I would like to get a replacement guard for it before they're no longer available, so I can have it for future use.  

Are these mirrored pickguards still available?  Are the mirror guards on the DBK the exact same?  Can I just order one of those?

Thanks again!
Gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
Question re: Pickguard Replacement

Resurrecting an old post here!

This was a concern of mine also as I bought my 90 with a minor scratch on the pickguard.
I am now thinking I should remove it and use it with a custom one until sell time (if that day ever comes).
From a collectors POV, do you gurus think original pickguard will make a difference to the value?
Also, do Jeannies do a good job? I will import to Oz if they are the best at their work.

cheers,

Ben

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question re: Pickguard Replacement

Since this topic has been resurrected, I've got an additional question....

The information on the JEM 90 HAM on Jemsite states that the pickguard is actually mirrored aluminum - not plastic as I first believed:

http://www.jemsite.com/axes/htm_features/spec.htm

If this is true, the original pickguard can easily be polished back to new. Correct?

Thanks,
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.