Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there!

i want to buy the Behringer FCB1010 midi footswitch so that i'll be able to contol cubase and podfarm on the computer ... the question is can i directly plug this footswitch to the computer (USB maybe??) or do i need an audio interface? if so i am thinking of buying the pod ux2 it should work with the footswitch right?

cheers!

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
It's a midi controller and not an audio controller.
Go to Behringer website and download its manual, it's not that difficult.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just need to know if i plugged the behringer to the pod ux2 then to the pc ... will i be able to contol cubase or not? ... this isnt in the manual

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i cant find the answer that im looking for in the manual so i came here for help .... ! is it so hard to answer this question -.- ?

·
Registered
129 Posts
As far as I remember it has no USB. So you have to have some MIDI interface that will take MIDI jack (I had Edirol audio interface). Some internal soundcards may have MIDI breakout cables...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
adnecs ... thanks!

jb4674 .... waw not bad :) ill make some research! but what i like abt the FCB is that it has 2 expression pedals and u can connect to to an actual amp if u want or can u connect this to an amp also?

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you have a MIDI input on your PC or soundcard, you can plug it straight in. If not, a cheap MIDI to USB convertor from eBay does the job. That's what I use on my FCB.

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you are using the Behringer FCB1010, then you needs something like a M-Audio Uno - 1-In/1-Out USB Bus-Powered MIDI Interface for you computer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so i bought the M-Audio Uno and the behringer FCB1010 and tried to use it with pod farm but so far no luck ... when i click on Midi-Learn i can see the command showing up but it has no CC value ... and it doesnt work ... what should i do?

here is a picture of what im talking about:

http://imageshack.us/f/713/podfarm.png/

and it would be awesome if someone could tell me how to use the fcb to control pod farm in cubase! i really neeeeeed that :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i tried to use the FCB editor and i have the following problems ...

first i cant use the expression pedals ... they just dont send any midi output! i tried to calibrate them 2 times but still no luck!!!

here are the settings:

and im struggling with M Audio Uno ... most of the time the midi in LED doesnt work and no commands come through ... and sometime ... randomly it works perfect ... i installed the latest driver but i dont know what the problem is :( ...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Which version of Pod Farm are you using? Pod Farm 2 has a midi learn feature that will simply use the midi being output without reprogramming the device.

·
Registered
337 Posts
According to Line 6,

"MIDI CC functionality was never present in any of the POD Farm 1.x release builds. During that time frame, many users kept submitting feature requests to the development team such that MIDI control of parameters was finally implemented... at the release of POD Farm 2.0. You can't use any MIDI Controller to contol parameter values via MIDI CC datastream in POD Farm 1, basically. The only way to control parameters was to run POD Farm 1 as a VST/AU/RTAS Plug-In effect within a recording application, then record "Automation Events" in the recording software's sequencer to automate parameters of POD Farm Plug-In inserted on an audio track."

·
Registered
27 Posts
CC editing is not greatly fun with the behringer FCB1010. Its not a really "straight-out-of-the-box" kind of product, but with some modification, it is durable and effective. I may be wrong, but I'm quite sure I have seen a midi-USB cable in guitar center before. It may or might not work, but even if it does, some CC programming will need to be done. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts