Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently came to the forum to post it for sale... but after not playing it for a few weeks then going back to it, ive decided to keep it and customize it to make it truely "my dream guitar"

i had forgotten how awsome it played. definately a keeper =]

first off i love the edge pro system. alot more comfortable to rest my hand on. but i hate the pop in/pop out trem bar and how close it sits to the body.

is there a mod i can do to fit a floyd type tremelo bar on the edge pro systems? i cant tell if the nuts on the edge pro are part of it or interchangable.

secondly, gold hardware is awsome, but its not my style. do they make the edge pro systems in black as well?

if they dont its no big deal. looks have nothing to do with tone. but i didnt spend this much for it to look like your every day beater fender ;)

thanks ahead of time, glad im keeping it and glad to be a member here! =]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you can fit a schaller arm holder instead of the pop in arm I think
cool. ill look into it. just for clarification, the nut on the edge pro does come off and just use the 2 nuts from the schaller trem bar for the schaller correct? or do i need to re-use the nuts on the edge pro or mix/match or re-engineer something?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Just remove the entire bar holder(10mm nut on the back-then unscrew from the front using the biggest flat-blade screwdriver you can find). The Schaller assembly has its own hardware. Edge Pro bridges do come in powder cosmo and shiny cosmo but I don't know if they come in black.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you very much for the reply dude.

ill definately be doing the trem bar mod. really awsome advice. seems extremely straight forward compared to a 3TM mod i just finished on my ADA preamp.

-gl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts