Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the addition of the JS2450 Black to the Ibanez website they have taken down the JS1200. RIP 22 Fret JS 1990-2016. End of a great era.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally prefer 22 fret JSs. I think the PAF Joe in that placement is the best sounding pickup in the entire JS history. I got used to the 24 and I kind of accepted it because I have to but I wish the JS line was still 22. It set it apart from most other Ibanez guitars. It had a vintage feel.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Hmmmm maybe its just the USA its no longer available?

I actually prefer the 24. Luckily there will be JS1000/1200's floating round for years to come :)

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think they are phasing it out, maybe they just haven't updated the international sites. I have every 22 fret JS model I want except the JS2 which I will never get and perhaps a JS20th. I also would like a JS2450 in both purple and black but the money just wasn't right this year.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I think they are phasing it out, maybe they just haven't updated the international sites. I have every 22 fret JS model I want except the JS2 which I will never get and perhaps a JS20th. I also would like a JS2450 in both purple and black but the money just wasn't right this year.
I think the only one id consider getting now is the 6000? but im 50/50 on it.... Im not really into the Anniversary ones, 20th, 90th, PRM, Crystal Planet etc... nice guitars, but not really my thing.... So I think Im pretty much dome with the older JS's...might get the odd new one if its something I want, but time to look at other gear.... a nice Strat or Tele would be good!

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the non graphic anniversaries. I have them all 10th, 90th, Y2K PRM. I only play a tenth and the 90th. (I have two tenths, one good shape, one not so good)

·
Vendor
26,431 Posts
If a distributor wants to order the minimum plus they'll build them, but you're probably seeing distributors that haven't updated or still have inventory.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I've been 24 frets for so long 22 seems weird on anything. I think my mind can deal with a 7th string easier than 22 frets.
It might sound dumb but I wish Ibanez would keep making a guitar under a different name when an artist abandons a spec (or a company). Maybe make a 22 fret "JS" and call it the Radius again? :D
Like I said... dumb idea...
But hey, Ernie Ball did it with the Axis.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I just looked in my JS history folder and I have a screen shot from the Ibanez page that has both the Muscle Car Black and the JS1200 so they were both on there for a while and shortly after they took down the 1200. Must only have been a few weeks that both were up.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I personally prefer 22 fret JSs. I think the PAF Joe in that placement is the best sounding pickup in the entire JS history. I got used to the 24 and I kind of accepted it because I have to but I wish the JS line was still 22. It set it apart from most other Ibanez guitars. It had a vintage feel.
But the scale length is the same so for the most part they should still feel like a vintage guitar. The neck pickup will be slightly out of that 22 fret sweet spot but i still personally believe thats all mumbo jumbo! To each their own though!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
But the scale length is the same so for the most part they should still feel like a vintage guitar. The neck pickup will be slightly out of that 22 fret sweet spot but i still personally believe thats all mumbo jumbo! To each their own though!
Well I can say the 24fret neck feels different to the 22 neck...seems 'fatter'?

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't say that I feel a difference in the necks of 22 or 24 but the 22 fret neck and that cutaway has more of a vintage vibe than a 24 fret neck for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts