Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is the 1 year anniversary of the day we lost Dimebag Darrell Abbott. For those of us who live and breathe metal, this is a day we should never forget. So everyone, raise a glass & celebrate the man and his legacy! Blacktooth Grins & Coors Lights are preferred (Dime's drinks of choice).

NEVER FORGET OUR FALLEN METAL BROTHER.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT 1966-2004

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On a personal note, this man was a huge influence on me as a guitarist, but he also showed me how to live for the moment & to always be thinking with your heart. He was the ultimate friend and brother to many.

Dime, from one Texan metalhead to another, I'll never forget you.

Tonight, I got my Pantera shirt on & Dime is being cranked as we speak. My bass player & I booked a club tonight to pay tribute to the man himself. It's a Dimebag Celebration served Texas-style! Pantera on the PA with Blacktooths & Coors Light served all around!!! Goddamn I miss that man.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dime was a great influence, but lets also remember J Lennon, who also departed this world 25 years ago today. Maybe not a shredder but certainly a talented musician.

MT

p.s. wacked out fruitcakes with guns suck...

·
Registered
517 Posts
To all the fallen bro's that are nolonger with us on earth, may we all meet up in the big jam hall some day & play guitar forever! RIP our Guitar Bro's untill that day!
I drink this day for DIMEBAG,-RIP- Amen.

·
Registered
937 Posts
R.I.P Dimebag.

There was a tribute concert last night where they said a prayer for him which was an altered Lord's prayer. Best part was "Give us our daily shred, and deliver us from emo..."

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I was a huge Dimebag fan too, and he influenced me to no end. He will always be greatly lost. Me and friends are getting together this weekend to raise a glass (or two!) to the man. I will always remember the date/day. I bet he is rocking his arse off up there in heaven!

R.I.P Brother DIMEBAG, 1966-2004

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
the.godfather said:
I was a huge Dimebag fan too, and he influenced me to no end. He will always be greatly lost. Me and friends are getting together this weekend to raise a glass (or two!) to the man. I will always remember the date/day. I bet he is rocking his arse off up there in heaven!

R.I.P Brother DIMEBAG, 1966-2004
Cheers mate :)!

Regards

André

·
Registered
494 Posts
carlos grijalva said:
why hasn't metalguitarrist said anything? wierd..
OMG NO I FORGOT ok well let me tell u the story of how i found out about pantera and dime. ok so my friend lent me this cd and i thought it was descent enough but this one song cemetary gates blew me away. I knew from know on i must play guitar, i have to be as good as he is. (the day of his death) I live in chicago and i was on my way to school listening to the radio and 94.7 the zone just said he died. I havn't been the same ever since.

(carlos nice call) \M/

in the words of dime: Getcha pull that one!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.