Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
I thought you were going to be destroyed after the 1st half ended. A mighty comeback indeed! I never like having games decided by penalties though.....Jerzy Dudek totally put all the Milan players off haha. Oh well, champions of europe..well done. You just have to hope they change the rules so you can defend it next year :p

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dreaming_neon_black said:
I thought you were going to be destroyed after the 1st half ended. A mighty comeback indeed! I never like having games decided by penalties though.....Jerzy Dudek totally put all the Milan players off haha. Oh well, champions of europe..well done. You just have to hope they change the rules so you can defend it next year :p
Yeh, 3-0 at half-time was gut wrenching! I thought that we'd blown it big time. What a come back. :D
And very true that penalties are not the best way to win a major tournament, but I still haven't heard a better solution other than a replay ;)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Yeah, he really needed a performance like that to keep his carreer going. He was victim to bad defending in the first half, and got pretty lucky in overtime, but he did great during the shootout.

Overall though, even if the Reds did not really shine in that game (the comeback was largely due to Milan's overconfidence IMO) , they deserve a lot of praise for keeping their spirits after the first half - I wonder what Benitez told them during half-time...;)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pawel said:
I wonder what Benitez told them during half-time...;)
He threatened to ban the girls/ibanez pictures if they didn't start playing! :D

But seriously, Rafa's a top manager and made good tactical changes that exploited Milan's weaknesses. And gotta agree with you, Milan were very over-confident and thought they'd already won the game. But then again, I don't know anyone (including me) who thought Milan wouldn't go on and win it after the first half.

Forget Yoda v Santa. It should be Yoda v Rafa :D :D

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Well I was slightly gutted at first because I had a £10 bet on AC Milan at 9-1 at the begining of the season. So I knew I had lost that. But at the same time, I was really pleased that Liverpool won it too. It was a great comeback and an awesome game all-round really! I think Gerrard carried the team (again) and Dudek played amazing too. Those saves against Schevchenko were amazing!

But overall, I was pleased they won it actually. And thats a suprise seeing as I am a Man Utd fan.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dreaming_neon_black said:
Pity you don't play like that in the league every week ;)
Can't argue with you there dude. Mind you our home form has been good, shame about playing away, that's been disgraceful!

Carra has been our player of the year aswell.

BTW, been listening to the radio on the way to work and it's been great hearing fans from other teams ringing in and congratulating Liverpool. Particularly Man Utd fans have been great this morning, (can't believe i'm saying that ;) !). And if you know the hatred between our two clubs, it's amazing! One or two misearble b*******s, but who cares!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
markg5150 said:
I'm going back home to Liverpool at the weekend - I'm sure the party will be still be going!!!

Dudek did well for a change - I don't know if it's enough to save his Liverpook career
Doubt it, I think Rafa's got the Villa Real keeper lined up for next season.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I can't believe Kewell!! Limmed off after 20..... any other player you would have had to drag off the field in that game. What ever it was it didn't seem to stop him Dancing around at the end of the match!

I'm from Wigan.... Jason Roberts played for an hour with a broken leg in the last game of the season and scored a goal before they dragged him off!! Thats guts!!

(oh but if Kewell is available next year we'll have him!!!)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
IbanezNorthwest said:
I can't believe Kewell!! Limmed off after 20..... any other player you would have had to drag off the field in that game. What ever it was it didn't seem to stop him Dancing around at the end of the match!

I'm from Wigan.... Jason Roberts played for an hour with a broken leg in the last game of the season and scored a goal before they dragged him off!! Thats guts!!

(oh but if Kewell is available next year we'll have him!!!)
Harry "who"ell? What a waste of a good player. Not done it for the reds yet. However, think you're being a bit harsh on him, he was having a bad hairday after all :D :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts