Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Rainforest Pricing, js3,js4,js5

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Rich 
#1 ·
Recently I found a guy with a Rainforest js5 and he was asking $25k... Since these are all so rare what do you think a fair boutique market price would be for these?
With just 10 JS5’s I think $25k isn’t crazy if donnies are going for over $15k and there’s 60-300 of them worldwide (who really knows?) and the js4 Rainbow has been on eBay for $14K for like 5 years now... and that run is 20 guitars? It’s hard to price the donnies with a claim number of 300.. who knows there could be 200 in Asia ... sure would be nice to see a letter from Hoshino stating they developed X amount of js3’s... but I can’t seem to find anyone from that time period who worked on that project.. I didn’t even know mike lipe passed..

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I know donnie painted them, so i wasn't suggesting Mike Lipe painted them, but Lipe did one of the necks for a prototype donnie so he did have something to do with them Mr knowitall... I said he may have some knowledge of numbers as he was around them in 91'... I understand Rich is a wealth of knowledge, Just trying to hear what the group says as a whole

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Don’t make this group into a chick fight! You said lipe had NOTHING to do with this series so you were wrong... obviously if I’m on this site and started the post I would know donnie hunts name and involvement.... peace back at you.. just trying to figure out how many of my Dream guitars are out there...

Discussion starter · #10 ·
@ Rich, thank you so much for posting the answers and your research to my question.. That was exactly what I was looking for .. I have the email of the guy with the rainforest of you would like it! He is asking $25,000 - cheers thanks again Rich..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.