Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Few days ago, I bided for Randall RM22 HDX head and I won.

That is modular 20w head that take 2 Randall or Egnater module preamp that are interchangeable.

In description of auction, shop wrote warning that amp has distortion module and doesn't have clean module.

I am fine with that because distortion is all that I need, BUT, after I won I check description of modules on internet, and apparently it has Deluxe module based on the preamp circuit of a Fender Blackface Deluxe, and XTC module based on the preamp circuit of a Bogner Ecstasy red channel is missing. Now they assure me that DLX module has distortion, but I am not sure what to do. I feel cheated. I think that head actually has clean clean module and doesn't have distortion module, and that's quite opposite of what they are claiming.
Should I buy it or not?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you end buying the Randall? If not, there is a new modular amp that will start to be available this summer that uses all the Randall/Egnater modules plus new modules of their own. They are called Synergy Amps.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't. (Businesses going down last few months). But I used time to learn about modular amps. Synergy is talked about for ages. I hope they will finally realise it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts