Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a year or two ago someone told me what the guitar I had played years ago was. Ever since then I have been looking for an SF470 but rarely found one worth buying. I finally found this one on reverb a few weeks ago. What made it really great was not just the fact that it was cherry, but they had the all access neck joint, which was only done for one year.
I picked up a virtual PAF bridge for the neck position, a virtual Blues for the middle position, and a Virtual Hot PAF for the bridge, then I shimmed the neck, used Rich’s fingerboard tricks where I could, and replaced the side dots with Luminlays.

Im very happy with the guitar overall, but the Virtual PAF is a bit bright in this guitar, so I’m monkeying around with it still.

I have a few pics for your perusal….unfortunately from my phone youget them
Exactly backwards from how I’d prefer!

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory
Hand Gesture Finger Guitar accessory Wrist

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

Wood Road surface Asphalt Rectangle Plant

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

it’s a really cool piece. I just thought the two piece bridge/tp really gave it a unique look and feel. If you can’t tell the bridge actually locks down too, and the quick change TP is a nice touch as well.

Yeah, the neck seems so short compared to my 5570!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts