Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
I was one of the people chosen to test the Ratios prior to their release. I found them to be really cool. I wrote a review for my blog on them.

http://www.lonephantom.com/2013/09/graphtech-ratio-tuned-machine-heads-review/

It doesn't seem like much, but having the tuning of each string so consistent makes tuning really predictable and fast. If you switch tunings on the fly being able to know that E to drop D, for example, is only a single revolution of the peg it just really speeds up the tuning process.

Yeah sure, if you just stick to the same old tuning all the time, and your guitar stays relatively in tune its probably not a big deal, but at the same time the Ratios are a great idea.

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
It's not about things being a chore, just making things even simpler. It's surprising that no one else thought of this and released it sooner. Guitar players are funny with innovation, we really do love sticking to how things were done in the past, and have trouble accepting and utilising new ideas. ;)

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll readily embrace new technology if it offers a real enhancement (might be because I'm an engineer), though I agree, we guitarists are generally luddites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.