Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ibanez S470DXQM CN. Anyone got some good picture(s)
where you can see how it looks like IRL?
The catalogue pictures isn't anything to write home about exactly.
The reason I am asking this is because I am thinking about
buying one, my current S470BK looks kinda dull.
I'm sorry if my English isn't perfect, I'm Swedish, but I'm trying ;)

Best regards, Emil.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
They look pretty good, but the extra hundred or so dollars isn't really worth it in my book. I saw one my store and it looked great and played pretty good but wasn't worth the extra money of a regular 470.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Personally, I like the 2003 S470DX model that had the matte finish. I played one of those in a guitar store and went home that night dreaming of it. Too bad it was a little out of my price range at the time.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I'd prefer the S540. I've played the S470, and tho you could change the pickups to prevent it from sounding like ****, it's probably more worth it spend an extra $200 on a S540 for...

1. Better PU
2. Better Trem (Lo-pro vs. ZR/TRS2)
3. MIJ
4. better looks (well personal opinion there) :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
Satching said:
Thank you so very much, dp15655! Holy smokes, is that a beatiful color! It isn't yours, is it?
No, it's not - these are two which are advertised in Europe as we speak. If you're interested, I can dig up the exact locations. Can't really tell why they call this colour "charcoal brown" - looks more like some kind of red to me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, but you don't have to do that. I know a person who works is a music store, he'll give me a nice price. And I'd rather have one that nobody has laid their fingers on before me ;)

And about the color - I agree. It's a longshot to call that color brown. What if I bought one online for example, and it wasn't the color I expected? This time it was acually much nicer than i expected, but it could have been the other way around.

Conclusion: Ibanez should put better pictures in the catalogue. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.