Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to buy an Ibanez RG750 but the rear plate on the neck seems strange.

As I didn't have enough message posted I can't add the link to the image, I can PM the link ;)

Regards

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
It very well could be the correct plate if there is a serial number on the back of the headstock. Do you have more pics than this?

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
I don't think that an 700 Series guitars had that plate. Could very easily be a sharktooth neck on an RG550 body.

- What color is the hardware? 1898 would be black, the rest would be cosmo.

- What pickups are in it?

- What switch does it have? 500 Series would have YM-50 while 700 Series would have VLX53.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I've known guys to swap plates on 7XX series guitars
and keep the 'cooler' North Hollywood/Bensalem' ones
and replace with plates as pictured above. More pics
would help or take the neck off.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Well other than the fact that I think you just sent a possible virus to my computer, I think that's a legit 750. It's possible that European market guitars would not have had the Bensalem or North Hollywood cast plates.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Well other than the fact that I think you just sent a possible virus to my computer, I think that's a legit 750. It's possible that European market guitars would not have had the Bensalem or North Hollywood cast plates.
I got that spam too. Looks okay to me. 1991. Pups are good. Original Wizard, OE trem.
Plate is the big iffy but to all intents and purposes looks dead like a 750.

Now I'm off to meet those girls that came up by clicking on one of those links...woot
my luck must be in!!!

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I got that spam too. Looks okay to me. 1991. Pups are good. Original Wizard, OE trem.
Plate is the big iffy but to all intents and purposes looks dead like a 750.

Now I'm off to meet those girls that came up by clicking on one of those links...woot
my luck must be in!!!
LMAO!!!!
Just my luck....no hot babes when I click on the pics......:(

I'm 90% sure the Euro/Asian market 7xx's got standard stamped plates like the 5xx's did. These guitars obviously weren't assembled in the US. I'm sure everything was done at Fuji.

HEYYYY!!! I got the chicks!!! Just had to unblock the pop-up.....:grin:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

Yes I missed an important information but this guitar is located in France ;)
Sorry for the popup I don't see it because I have adblock

Thank you !

·
Registered
589 Posts
if it has a sharktooth neck but no other characteristics of a 7xx series it could be a an RG570DX. They made a limited run in FA red and I think black too. I have the FA, but remember seeing pictures of the black one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts