·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I was looking for a non Ibanez guitar

I am looking for specifically

maple board, SD pickups, neck thru, FR bridge, 24 frets

I was wanting to get one of those Japanese ESP M-IIs but they are very hard to get for me and much more pricey because of tax and shipping

Regards
Wildchild

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link but I am not really into the rounded edged bodies

I was looking at their seven strings and they look sweet but

I am looking for 6 stringer now

You know those guitars mathias eklundh uses

do they come with my prefered specs?

btw I was looking for a guitar for a metal/shred sound

·
Registered
317 Posts
What kind of price range are you talking about? I was about to recommend, a Jackson SL3 neckthru, but it has a rosewood fretboard.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Sounds like you'll have to sacrifice either the neck-thru or the maple board. Sucks, but thats what it looks like unless you go the Carvin route.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It was just under $1300US shipped to my door as you see it w/case.. No idea how much to ship to EU. Carvin could help ya there.

As far as customizing. Everything you see I selected from normal Carvin options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the link but I am not really into the rounded edged bodies

I was looking at their seven strings and they look sweet but

I am looking for 6 stringer now

You know those guitars mathias eklundh uses

do they come with my prefered specs?

btw I was looking for a guitar for a metal/shred sound
You mean Caparison, the only model with that specs are the TAT's.. but they got Ebony board.

... I dont think they offer any of they're guitars with Maple board.. only custom made for the endorsed artists.. like Tom and Henrik from "Evergrey", they got quite a few ones with maple boards! ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah those are the guitars I am talking about

I would love an Apple horn with maple fretboard

I am gonna look at the carvins but I have to check on pricing

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
You can get a Carvin like the one posted above without the rounded body sides (just like that one).

A Jackson SL-1 or SL-2 seems to fit the bill too. If you find the ESP you mentioned, that is a GREAT option too.

Not sure why you aren't wanting an Ibanez, the RGT series is very nice. I bought an RGT3020 and I still get giddy when I play it.

You will have to either pay the EURO price thru a Carvin distruibutor in EUR or have it sent to a friend in the USA and then shipped over seas, which is far cheaper.

Let us know what you end up with. ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can get a Carvin like the one posted above without the rounded body sides (just like that one).

A Jackson SL-1 or SL-2 seems to fit the bill too. If you find the ESP you mentioned, that is a GREAT option too.

Not sure why you aren't wanting an Ibanez, the RGT series is very nice. I bought an RGT3020 and I still get giddy when I play it.

You will have to either pay the EURO price thru a Carvin distruibutor in EUR or have it sent to a friend in the USA and then shipped over seas, which is far cheaper.

Let us know what you end up with. ;)
I am a bit weary on the jackson guitars as I got screwed by them before on a custom guitar

All my guitars I have are Ibanez guitars so I want to venture on a new path

I cant seem to find the carvin with solid edges and a floyd rose, do you have to ring them up to get a quote?

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
That's one way to go. You can also go to their webpage and design what you want and then call them up.

I just helped a student of mine choose the specs for a Carvin. I'm looking forward to seeing and playing it when it arrives in a couple months.

Sorry to hear you had issues with Jackson. The ESP still sounds feasable, eh?

The Carvins don't have "solid edges" like say an RG does but have what I think is called a "broken edge". You have the option of getting "rounded edges" or not. Check out the Carvin build page and lok at some of the gallery for all the DC series for ideas.

Here's the gallery front page address:

http://www.carvin.com/guitargallery.php

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Wow. 8O

Normally I don't care for cherry sunburst but with that flame underneath it looks very nice. Lovin' the maple board too ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts