Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While watching cable on a lazy friday night, came an MTV of an unknown japanese rock band.

And Godammittt, they rock!!!!! The guitar parts are a mix between shred, punk, and even some indie styling... basically a kick-ass recipe that I haven't quite heard before.

So any good japanese rock bands I should check out? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
The only Japanese bands I know are Loudness and Shonen Knife. Shonen Knife is an all girl Ramones sort of band; lot's of fun but not really serious. Loudness is the real deal, in the Ratt/Dokken late 80's vein (or they were, I don't know what they're doing now).

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I have never really checked out any Japanese bands to be honest, I really must get round to trying some out when I get the time. I am always looking for some different stuff to listen to. Loudness sound pretty cool, I will check their stuff out.

·
Registered
436 Posts
What was the name of that other Japanese hair band. Had that song "Flashback Heart Attack"... EZO, that was it. Signed to Gene Simmons record deal back in the late 80's. Don't know if they were good or not. Wore makeup kinda like KISS...

Loudness kicked ass. Saw them open for Motley on the "Theatre of Pain" tour. Loudness was supporting "Thunder in the East". They destroyed. Better than the Crue that night...

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
masa said:
I don't know what to say, it is typical Japanese comical program which we call it OWARAI. He is the regular members of that program. Of course he plays guitar there.
Cool, I knew he was doing TV a bit in Japan these days. But I didn't know that it was on a regular basis.

Regards

André

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.