Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm back in Taiwan for the summer for internship and I brought my 7vwh back as well to practice. I'm looking for a good 15W practice amp that isn't too expensive. Can anyone recommend me a good buy? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
fender g-dec for 269. they have a bass and drum machine built in.

vox ad15vt check out mus----ic1--2--3(dot)com they have them for 161 (take out all the dashes (stupid filters)

Line 6 Spider II 30 at 123 for 179

those are all pertty good vaule and sound on all them is fairly good for price. good luck

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
The Fender Blues Jr has a sort of Vibroking tone in a 1x12 combo for about $400 new or $300 used.

If you scout evilbay you can pick up a Marshall Studio 15 occasionaly for $400-500. I own one of them and it gets me a killer plexi tone!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I'm not a modelling fan, but another way to look at it is to get a pod and some computer speakers. That way you always have a pod, which is a cool tool. You might get more use long term from the pod rather than a little practice amp.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I own the laney amp. It is a very good amp. Only one channel, no reverb but plug any guitar in it and put the gain to 1O and you have a great rock disto sound. Not a metal high gain sound but real vintage sound.

My fender strat sounds better in this amp than in my marshall JCM800 or Mesa F50 realy.

If you want versatility go for line six spider, if you want tubes and a good cruch take the laney.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
dragsternj said:
Roland Cube 15 for 90something or Micro Cube for 120. I think they are great
I owned a Roland Cube 15 and I've gotta say that it's a pretty lame amp that I wouldn't buy even for 50 bucks. The Spider II blows it away in both tone and versatility. Of course, getting a Pod and some speakers is a really good idea....but that's also going to cost you a little more money.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What do you guys think about the Laney HCMs? I'm not looking to spend too much here since it's just a temp. amp I'll leave here when I leave.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hmm I'm looking at these right now:
1. Laney HCM (looks kinda cheap but is cheap :p)
2. Orange Crush 10/15R (heard those sound good)
3. Line 6 Spider II 15W

what do you guys think?

·
Banned
916 Posts
btangel said:
hmm I'm looking at these right now:
1. Laney HCM (looks kinda cheap but is cheap :p)
2. Orange Crush 10/15R (heard those sound good)
3. Line 6 Spider II 15W

what do you guys think?
I'd probably go for the Orange Crush, I've only heard good things about them.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I, of course, would go with the Spider II 15W simply because it's pretty cheap and it has great tone for it's size and power.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts