Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so, I bet this question comes up quite once in a while. I need some sorta way to record my music. Now, my problem is, that I need to record the OUTPUT, not the INPUT from line-in. (so basically I need to record what would come out of the speakers/headphones.) That is because I use Guitar FX 3.04 for distortion, and I also apply/mix electronic (aggrotech) tracks to the guitars.

Basically I cannot record just the line-in INPUT, since I need to combine my guitar + distortion, my buddy's bass, and then an already made aggrotech track.

I cannot hook the output into the line-in/mic cause both ports (on both cards) are taken up with guitars.

any suggestions as to what software I should use?

·
Registered
293 Posts
The problem with recording your OUTPUT ie "what you hear" is that when you record using layers, the first thing youve recorded is also recorded and you get a doubling effect on everything which quickly screws up your tune!

The option you have is to use something like Cakewalk Sonar or Cubase , and you should be able to implement your guitar effects software into it using "VST" . This devotes an entire track in your recording software to capture ONLY the sound of your guitar. So you could have say 3 VST tracks going at once, one for clean , one for rythmn guitar , one for lead guitar, and they will independantly record your OUTPUT.

check if your software has the ability to be used as VST. if not there are loads of other FX softwares you could use and get rocking in no time

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.