Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pedal is a dual analog chorus/vibe, and it is fantastic. Hands down the best chorus pedal of all that I played through while looking to put one on my pedalboard.

Have a couple of problems though that I was wondering if anyone else might have a solution. The biggest one is this - when I run it in my effects loop, and it doesn't matter if I place it before or after my delay, its signal becomes a bit grainy and overdriven. I am currently running it at the end of my signal chain, right before my ISP Decimator and after everything else. It sounds fine there, but I want to see what I'm doing wrong if I ever needed to place it in the loop for some reason.

Also, there is a bit of volume drop when you turn the dry/wet signal down past noon on the dial (basically when you increase the dry over the wet). Is that a standard problem when decreasing the effect signal in a mix? I'll switch off the internal boost pot (now that I'm thinking about it), and see if that evens out the volume loss any.

Fantastic pedal though - amazing tone, and the chorus voicing knob is just such a great feature. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I've never been impressed by the RWEC. It sounded quite harsh to my ears. I do like the Tortuga Martini Chorus though....

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may have had the bright switch on if you heard a demo, or didn't know what the switch did. If you turn it to "bright" (the more intense looking sun on the left side) it begins to sound a bit harsh when the voice knob is turned up past 12 o'clock, which is where the voice begins to emphasize the higher freqs in the spectrum.

The Martini demo was great, but I didn't think it sounded much different than the Empress. Both great analog chorus/vibe pedals. Didn't look like the Martini had a depth knob?

Come to think of it, I heard that the older Empress models had a couple of issues with hiss in their sound. It's possible that they've taken care of that and that we were playing different versions.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Figured out the problem on stage last week... Basically the pedal has something crapping out in it, and now the volume randomly cuts 50-75% no matter what channel it's being played through, or whether it's in front of the amp or in the loop.

GC is doing a one-for-one switch. Hope the next one is stellar, because the sound is amazingly good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts