Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its annoying how easily the gold comes off of the bridge on the 7VWH when you actually use it as more than just a piece of furniture.

Is there any way to refinish the gold on the hardware?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Perhaps Ibanez should start thinking using real gold so that the color will not fade away anymore. We would like to see changes in Ibanez guitars for the better :mrgreen:
well maybe if they did use real gold it would make the jem at 2,000 worth the price tag ........ :lol:

yep anything gold i have ever had has worn really easily , i dont know why they havn't perfected some way to make it not wear , chrome and black do fine but gold looks crappy after a few months or so of hard play .

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have had my 7vwh for over 1 1/2 years with plenty of playing time and mine still looks brand new. I think it depends on your sweat and how acidic it is. My cousin's sweat is so bad he can eat through a chrome trem in a matter of months.

My PGM301 cosmo saddles aren't doing so great thou but I think it's because the saddles were already scratched up when I got it. It was brand new too LOL.

I had a schaller gold plated trem and it went 10 years and still the gold finish was perfect.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have had my 7vwh for over 1 1/2 years with plenty of playing time and mine still looks brand new. I think it depends on your sweat and how acidic it is. My cousin's sweat is so bad he can eat through a chrome trem in a matter of months.

My PGM301 cosmo saddles aren't doing so great thou but I think it's because the saddles were already scratched up when I got it. It was brand new too LOL.

I had a schaller gold plated trem and it went 10 years and still the gold finish was perfect.
Schaller trems are the greatest trems out there IMO. I cant stand the edge pro. Is the original edge similar to a Schaller?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.