Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Prestige wizard

Votes: 11 44.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you prefer. The reinforced Original Wizard spec necks, or the 05' and newer prestige wizard. --Jason

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Im not sure if you mean a proper original wizard or the 20th wizard, im pretty sure it was reenforced to begin with. My wizards are warping and I'm sick of having bad intonation, I'd rather get used to the prestigue wizard.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have 14 Ibanez guitars 12 of which have wizard necks and I have never had a problem with any of them, now they are all either Japanese or USA custom shop guitars, so maybe the cheap Ibanez guitars warp but the good one don't man! Get rid of those indonesian junk bombs and buy a good guitar and you won't have any problems,
Willy

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I only have on guitar with a wizard and its almost as old as me and the neck is straight as a pin, it's even been broken at the nut before. I wouldn't trade that neck for the world!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Neither.

I want the Super Wizard- Flat; 16mm @ 1st Fret; 18mm @ 12th Fret.

Pure shred baby!!!!!!!!!

All 3 OWN all the other companies' necks though so......

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not sure if you mean a proper original wizard or the 20th wizard, im pretty sure it was reenforced to begin with. My wizards are warping and I'm sick of having bad intonation, I'd rather get used to the prestigue wizard.
I mean the titanium reinforced, 5-piece version with Original Wizard specs like what's on the 20th ann 550's. --Jason

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Neither.

I want the Super Wizard- Flat; 16mm @ 1st Fret; 18mm @ 12th Fret....
The Super Wizard is the has the same measurements and profile as the Original Wizard. The "Super" part comes from its construction with the bubinga stripe. --Jason

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Which would you prefer. The reinforced Original Wizard spec necks, or the 05' and newer prestige wizard. --Jason
No contest! I'd go for the reinforced Ti-Wizard.

For what it's worth, I have an ancient original Wizard that has never been anything other than perfect. There are two (very minor) stress cracks behind the nut, but these are not a problem. It plays better than my Prestige ever could hope to, but the Prestige is also nice.

Again, my vote goes to the Ti-Wizard. That's the ultimate Ibanez neck, IMO... and I don't even need to play it to know that.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have had zero problems with any of my Wizard necks warping, which includes the ultra-thin "Super Wizard" neck on my RG520QS.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which new guitars will have the Ti-reinforced Wizard necks? Just the 20th ann. models, or others, too?
I asked that over on the Ibanez forum, and the response was the 550s were the ONLY models to get that neck. Same deal with the Edge tremolos. Brilliant huh? --Jason

1 - 18 of 18 Posts