Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i need to take out the bridge humbucker pickup in my guitar, should i take it out myself or should i pay to have someone do it for me?

and also, if i take it out and clip off all the wires on the end ware its connecting to... will they know how to wire my other pickup im getting?

p.s. i need to sell this pickup to get my other one.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you're not so confident about doing it yourself, you should just get someone else to do it.

And while it's easier, don't clip the wires of the pickup you're removing. Get a hot solder iron tip ready so you could properly unsolder the connections. It'd be cleaner, and the next pickup that'll occupy the guitar would probably be installed faster and better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're not so confident about doing it yourself, you should just get someone else to do it.

And while it's easier, don't clip the wires of the pickup you're removing. Get a hot solder iron tip ready so you could properly unsolder the connections. It'd be cleaner, and the next pickup that'll occupy the guitar would probably be installed faster and better.
so if they get it with no pickup in it than they can put one in just as easy?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
If you have no idea what you're doing, you really should read up on basic soldering skills before proceeding. Changing a pickup takes about 10 minutes for those of us used to it. With all of the resources available on Jemsite alone, you have a nice roadmap. Google is also your friend...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.