Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I can find online, there is no Ibanez bridge that can replace the Edge Zero w/ZPS3 bridge unless I do routing. Is there a Gotoh replacement or any other bridge that will fit without routing?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No there's not, but the Edge Zero and Edge Zero II are considered decent bridges anyway. They don't really warrant replacement.
I have found that the tuning stability is basically bulletproof but the hardware seems to easily discolor and not in a pretty way.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have found that the tuning stability is basically bulletproof but the hardware seems to easily discolor and not in a pretty way.
If your hardware is cosmo black, I find the same thing. That's even worse than gold hardware, it doesn't hold up well at all. I really wish Ibanez would move away from all their cosmo black offerings, good old-fashioned chrome is so much better!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your hardware is cosmo black, I find the same thing. That's even worse than gold hardware, it doesn't hold up well at all. I really wish Ibanez would move away from all their cosmo black offerings, good old-fashioned chrome is so much better!
Yes, it's cosmo black. I previously had a used RG1527Z with the same color hardware but it had discolored horribly under previous ownership.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You could try polishing off the cosmo finish, but that's probably easier said than done for all the smaller parts. Another option, if the appearance bothers you enough, is to replace it with a chrome Edge Zero.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts