Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy nickel coloured hex screws (pole pieces) to replace the black hex screws in a Super 3, so that it matches the Super 2. I also have some slightly corroded hex screws that would benefit (aesthetically) from being swapped out.

Is anyone able to verify the specs for this please?

My guess is that they're plain steel (not "nickel") and readily available from a DIY store. However, I don't want to end up with a different alloy that changes the tone.

I live in England where parts tend to be metric, but DiMarzio parts are presumably imperial measurements, which may be a complication for sourcing them locally.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
How much would that cost?
I have a set from my liquifire which I swapped to the black ones i would think or hope they are the same ones as some dimarzios use different poles like the evo's.

PM me.your address and I can try to post them this week they have been in sealed bag for 9 years or so and were never played or handled.

They might need a bit of polishing.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a set from my liquifire which I swapped to the black ones i would think or hope they are
I'm wanting to buy nickel coloured hex screws (pole pieces) to replace the black hex screws in a Super 3, so that it matches the Super 2. I also have some slightly corroded hex screws that would benefit (aesthetically) from being swapped out.

Is anyone able to verify the specs for this please?

My guess is that they're plain steel (not "nickel") and readily available from a DIY store. However, I don't want to end up with a different alloy that changes the tone.

I live in England where parts tend to be metric, but DiMarzio parts are presumably imperial measurements, which may be a complication for sourcing them locally.

Thanks! :)
Sorry replied to the wrong poster read my post and pm me if your still wanting a set I have an unsued set from my liquifire that are going spare.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a set from my liquifire which I swapped to the black ones i would think or hope they are the same ones as some dimarzios use different poles like the evo's.

PM me.your address and I can try to post them this week they have been in sealed bag for 9 years or so and were never played or handled.

They might need a bit of polishing.
No worries man but thanks! I was just wondering for the future, to buy purple ones. I've looked online but can't seem to see if they even sell them from other colours. I've got gravity storms pickups

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No worries man but thanks! I was just wondering for the future, to buy purple ones. I've looked online but can't seem to see if they even sell them from other colours. I've got gravity storms pickups
DiMarzio offers a choice of nickel, black or gold if you place a special order...no other colours.
They have more options for bobbin colour (including purple).

I'm guessing the DiMarzio hex pieces are intentionally hard to come by, so people resort to buying new pickups.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.