Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im looking for a replacement neck with dissapearing pyramid inlays for a RG550.
I was thinking in Legacy One, but reading the posts about the low quality necks they make and their poor profesionallity i thing it's not the best idea spend my money with them. Isn't it?

Where do you suggest me to buy a neck of good quallity?
Do you think it's better to me to replace the fingerboard with a new one with the pyramid inlays? Where it can be done?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Just did the very thing you want to do.

I sent my RG550 DY neck to ET guitars and they replaced the fingerboard and put in the pyramids. To easy.... The sooner you get your order going the sooner it will get done. Can take a few months to get donem but well worth it.

I have as yet been able to put it on my guitar, as I am overseas, but I cant wait to do it... should look awesome...

Et-Guitars are a very trustworthy outfit, definatly worth it.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
looks like they didan amazing job. How much did it end up costing for eveything? Shipping, duty etc
Its going to cost you around $275. Shipping was not expensive as I live in AUstralia. This was a few months ago now.

The Australian dollar dropped so much recently, the prices may have changed.

So I would suggest emailing them and asking exactly.

·
Registered
216 Posts
DO NOT USE LEGACY ONE!!! That crook has stolen enough money. Did you see the pics I posted in his thread? If you get anything, it will look like that. IF you get anything.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
If you want a european solution, go to Jaden Rose. He's a vendor too and makes excellent necks.
Jaden made me a one piece birdseye maple seven string neck.

·
Registered
370 Posts
You are Luis Jorge? (we spoke on the phone and I replied to you on 29th November - no answer), or Jose Lyndo Arsuento? (replied to you 3rd December - no answer) ???

Nevermind... you are right, please try Jaden.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts