Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've just got my new GRG 270 with the ILT1 bridge on it. And to be honest, it's absolute crap. Can you guys recommend me some good trems to replace it?

I was thinking about getting a Gotoh floyd rose since i heard that it can fit nicely into a ilt1 route. (Not sure if it's true or not)

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Get the gotoh Floyd Rose for sure! Fantastic trems. Even if it doesn't quite fit sand out the cavity edges a little, easy work. Also for sure pul out the old ILT1 posts and studs and put in the Goth ones, they are locking ones. Well worth doing even if you need to pay someone to do it if you can't yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot for your reply
by the way, do you know any site that has a detail description about the Gotohs? can't seem to find any.... and also some tutorial on how to setup the trem, i'm kinda new to floating tremolos

Thanks

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Check out ibanezrules (banner at the top) for setup information. ;)

With regards to specs I'm not entirely certain, it's pretty much Floyd Rose specs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again,

Oh and one more thing
I've read reviews about the Schaller FR, seems like it's pretty good too
If you were me which one would you choose?

·
Registered
341 Posts
U can fit in the gotoh nicely. I had an RG 270dx that came with the ILT1. I manage to just slot in the gotoh without any necessary routing. If u wanna change the locking studs, might be a bit more work tho but still, worth it to change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts