Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been something which has been on my mind for a long time now. I have had a Jem 7V for a long time but unfortunately after having the guitar for only 3 years, the neck was completely destroyed. This happened after a gig when i foolishly left the gear unattended ( only for a few mins but apparently that was long enough).

Thankfully this was not one of my main guitars, but i was still in tears. Up until now i have took the neck off of my Jem 555white and have been using it for the 7V. My question is........ is there any way i can purchase, "From Ibanez" a replacement 7V neck. There has to be some way.....i hope someone can help???

·
Registered
591 Posts
One of the other members can probably answer your question with more detail. As I understand it, you can get/buy/obtain a new Jem neck from Ibanez as long as you send them back the broken neck....I guess they want some sort of assurance that you're indeed putting the neck onto a real Jem. Call Hoshino USA....the phone # is listed on this site somewhere.....

Oh yeah, it'll most likely be with a rosewood fretboard, instead of the ebony that you had before.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yeah, you can get it replaced as long as you still have the old one. You did keep it, right? They don't want people buying the necks for custom guitars, so they require returning the old one. It likely will take a long time, and won't be cheap ... but that's no suprise with Ibanez. You may have to go through an authorized dealer or repair facility.

The other option is to find one on one of those auction sites. There's usually somebody out there who has destroyed the body or is just parting it out.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That should all be fine, but......

You could look at getting a replacement from a luthier. Click some of the links at the top and explore the possibility at least.

If you will have to pay Ibanez anyway, and may not get an ebony fret board as a replacement, it would make sense imho.

·
Registered
124 Posts
One problem with getting a brand new neck from a luthier, is that they might not want to be cutting an Ibanez headstock, for fear of getting sued, etc. If you didnt mind getting a different headstock it would be ok I guess.

I'd say, get a decent RG neck and send it to a Luthier for customising/prettying up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts