Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I want to replace the output jack on my 93 RG550, however I cant figure out how to push it out of the body. I am probably missing something very obvious... Can someone quickly explain that? TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, it seems to me like the guitar was coated after the output jack was inserted, and now it obstructs it. The output jack can rotate freely, but is stuck because of the black coating. Is that possible or my imagination or what?...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your answer. Yes, I thought so, too. But the more I look at it, the more I do believe it's the coating that's preventing it to be pushed out. Not from the inside, but a tiny portion above the hole. I now can even see that on the photo. Very unlucky. Or, again, it's my imagination.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sometimes those barrel jacks sit really tight in the hole. Since it's a worn out jack, don't be easy with it, put some force behind it, this happens to my radius guitars and even my old Kramer baretta now and then. If the nut was tightened fairly tight after it was installed it can get stuck. I've had to use a brass punch from the inside of the cavity and give it a nice whack with a hammer to jar it loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts